Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Entrepreneur

Then, I dream of having my own business after realizing that I am not being true to my yahoo username - milantrepreneur (word that popped-out of my head in 2006). I didn't actually want to sound like Imeldific but the term amused me a lot.

Perhaps, high school education in Ateneo de Manila encouraged me to be an entrepreneur someday. But I embraced it in the the wrong context at first.


I just wanted to sit on a manager's chair, sign checks and tell my secretary to prepare my itinerary, follow-up sales reports and lead the company to financial stability without even knowing what business I am running!

Eventually I get to comprehend that just like how Jesus Christ modeled servanthood when He is the Master, I must learn to adapt the servant attitude first. I, myself, have to know how to sell my products/services effectively first before I can get to lead a group of people who will do the same. And even if I am already "the master" or "the boss", I must continue to sell and serve, not only my clients but also my fellow sales people.


That dream is still alive. And yes, today, I am striving to be the entrepeneur God wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment